Moving your home in a COVID-19 Atlanta
Worrying about CoronaVirus, COVID-19 is something we all are doing now. Your realtor, lender, and inspector are all giving careful consideration to how to minimize the threat of contagion at this concerning time.
Bulldog Movers has a plan to help you whether you are moving with the Atlanta metro area or beyond.
Protecting Bulldog Movers employees and customers is of prime importance to us as we attempt to follow the guidelines of health officials while we move your belongings to your new home.
Please tell us if you or any of your household has been sick or is sick on the day of your move. We will take the temperature of your movers before we send them to you. We trust that you will postpone any move if you or any of your household has shown symptoms of a dry persistent cough, a fever, or the body aches health officials warn are the early warning signs of COVID-19.
Here are some important ways Bulldog Movers has to reduce the threat of contagion:
GETTING AN ESTIMATE ON YOUR MOVE
Bulldog Movers believes an accurate estimate is the first step of a well planned move.
- Tell your moving consultant as soon as you call Bulldog Movers that you wish to minimize your contact with our employees.
- Your moving consultant can use technology to provide you with a free estimate for your move anywhere, whether it is a local Atlanta move, an intrastate move over 50 miles distant, or an interstate or international move.
- All of our communication with you can be by phone, email, US mail, or FaceTIme, Skype, or ZOOM.
HOW TO MINIMIZE CONTACT WITH US DURING CONFIRMATION OF YOUR MOVE:
- Paperwork can be signed remotely in advance using electronic signing or using the US Mail. You are welcome to drop the paperwork to us at a box we have placed outside our office.
HOW TO MINIMIZE CONTACT WITH US DURING YOUR MOVE
- When moving at this time, preparation is critical. Have all of your belongings packed and sealed in moving cartons using labels that clearly detail the destination of the box at our destination.
- If your paperwork has been signed in advance, our movers can begin to work as soon as they arrive.
- Please leave a roll of paper towels and soap at your bathroom sink. Our movers are committed to hand washing and will take every precaution to prevent the threat of spreading germs throughout the time they spend in your home.
- Our movers will wash their hands before they begin your move.
BEFORE YOUR MOVERS ARRIVE:
Please wash your hands before our movers arrive and follow the precautions health authorities have given us to minimize transmission.
- Do not leave any packing until the last minute.
- Have your essentials and your valuables loaded and locked in your car before our movers arrive.
- Follow the guidelines for preparation given to you by your moving consultant. This will minimize any need to directly supervise your movers. You can be available but removed from direct contact.
- Have your rooms labeled at both your origin and destination.
- Provide us with a simply drawn diagram of your home and label your boxes and furniture with stickers to tell us where to put your items.
- Open doors and windows can provide ventilation that may reduce the threat of spreading the virus.
WHEN YOUR MOVERS HAVE LOADED THE TRUCK AT ORIGIN:
- We ask that you return inside your home only to inspect the rooms to make sure nothing is left behind and that we have kept our commitment to take care of your home.
- Our movers can follow you to your destination. You are free to enter the home before they do to label any rooms that will act as their guide for box and furniture placement.
- If you wish to supervise your move from the outside of your home, we can accommodate your request. The key is to be ready.