Bulldog Movers has been one of Atlanta’s most trusted moving companies since 1982, and we’d like to share our knowledge to help make your next move as painless as possible. We offer the following helpful moving tips for our customers:
Pre-move moving tips:
- When choosing a moving company, look for movers with experience moving the type of valuables you need transported, whether they are antiques, computers, or office cubicles. Also be sure to check for a Pro Mover rating from the American Moving and Storage Association and any other ratings and certifications. Furthermore, you should only choose a licensed, bonded, and insured company.
- When a move coordinator is evaluating your needs to give an estimate, make sure to tell them about any specialty items – particularly heavy items – that need extra attention. You should also mention obstacles, including flights of stairs and elevators, in addition to any other special moving requirements you may think of.
- Consider if you will need any storage space in a secure facility to keep some of your items while you configure your new home or office. Make sure you reserve the storage space before you begin your move.
- Make sure you begin packing well in advance of your move. The earlier you begin, the more time you will have to carefully wrap any fragile items or obtain additional boxes, bubble wrap, and any other packing materials.
- Go through your entire household and throw away, recycle, or give to charity any items that you don’t need. The less there is to pack the less expensive and time consuming the move.
- When packing boxes, always place heavier items on the bottom.
- Make sure to label all of your electrical cords with the device to which they belong.
For more moving tips and helpful resources, visit these pages: