What Will Movers Not Move?
It’s no secret that moving can be stressful, but hiring movers can certainly help alleviate some of the burden. After all, it’s nice to have someone else take care of the heavy lifting while you tackle other things on your long to-do list! While movers can typically handle moving a wide range of items—from TVs and sofas to pianos and antiques—you should also be aware that there are certain things that movers just will not move. Some of those items include:
- Hazardous materials – Movers will not move dangerous and combustible/flammable items such as corrosives, bleach, ammonia, propane tanks, gasoline, and aerosols.
- Explosives – This includes ammunition and fireworks.
- Pets – Even if they’re in crates, the conditions inside of moving trucks are simply too extreme to be safe enough for furry friends.
- Plants – Surprisingly enough, certain plants can’t be moved across state lines for risk of introducing different insects and diseases.
- Food – Movers are not able to keep perishable food items cool while they’re in transit.
At Bulldog Movers, we would be happy to help with your move, whether it’s down the street or across the world. We have been providing residents in the Atlanta, Georgia, area with first-rate moving, packing, and storage services since 1982, and we have even won the Consumers’ Choice Award for nine consecutive years as evidence of our unwavering commitment to excellence. We have a team of highly trained and skilled experts who have the capacity to move items that other movers won’t—including heirlooms and other valuable and fragile items—and our advanced trucks are also equipped with safety features to keep these items secure while they’re in transit.
Contact Bulldog Movers today to learn more about our company and convenient relocation services. We’d be happy to provide you with a free estimate upon request.