If you’re planning a move to Sandy Springs, there are a few things you can do to make the moving process as smooth and stress-free as possible. From packing up your belongings to arranging for a reliable moving company, there are many things to consider.
You want your move to be as seamless and stress-free as possible. Using this expert residential moving guide will keep you on top of every detail so your move is a stress-free success.
We’ve put together the best tips, tricks to help you plan your move to Sandy Springs or anywhere in the Metro Atlanta region. By following this updated residential moving guide, you’ll be settling into your new home in no time.
Steps to Take Toward the Big Move
“The earlier you start thinking about your move, the better it goes, but most people only move every 3-5 years so having a list to follow is a big help,” says Glenn Usery.
Glenn thinks about moving every single day in his role at Bulldog Movers. He knows that moving is one of the most stressful things because the amount of details that go into a successful move can feel overwhelming.
Part of his role is to reduce stress by sharing tried and true steps to keep you on track from the moment you decide to move until your professional movers place your sofa in the perfect spot in your new home.
- Plan ahead: At least a month before the actual move date is the time to start planning. Thirty days will give you enough time to sort and pack your belongings and hire a professional residential moving company. Spring and early summer are traditionally the busiest times for moving. With the University of Georgia just down the road in Athens, September is also a prime time for student moving activity in the region.
- Declutter: Moving is the perfect opportunity to get rid of unnecessary items. Go through your belongings and donate or sell items that you no longer need.
- Pack smart: Gather your packing supplies. Use sturdy boxes, packing paper, bubble wrap, and packing tape to protect your belongings. Label your boxes clearly. Pack items together based on their fragility and weight.
“Labeling boxes clearly helps keep things organized at the other end of your move. I personally like using a color-coded system because it is a quick visual cue rather than looking for room names,” Glenn shares.
- Hire a reliable moving company: Do your research and hire a moving company that has a good reputation, is insured, and offers a fair price.
- Be sure to point out any extremely valuable or heavy items when you meet with your moving coordinator as they may require special care and handling during a move.
- Move costs can vary significantly so get quotes from multiple companies before hiring movers. Always read reviews before making a decision.
- Make sure your quotes are comparing apples to apples – some moving companies underbid to get the job and then spring additional fees on you once your move is underway.
- Book your movers as early as you can in the process. The best movers fill their calendars quickly, especially during peak moving season.
- Pack an essentials box: Pack a box with toiletries, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, a change of clothes, and important documents that you’ll need right away in your new home.
- Do Not Pack items: Make sure you know where these items are at all times during your move:
- Keys to your new home and any keys you need to leave for the new owners, landlord, or rental office.
- Daily medications so they are accessible when needed.
- Non-perishable snacks and water – letting yourself get “hangry” isn’t a good idea on moving day.
- Final Walk Through: Before closing the door on your old home for the last time, check room by room for any items that may have been left behind – check the backs of cabinets, closets, and the far corners of the attic before you go.
Advantages of Using Professional Sandy Springs Movers
Television sitcoms tend to make DIY moving look like a lot of fun. Who doesn’t want to hang out with their friends enjoying a pizza after carrying thousands of pounds of someone’s belongings up two flights of stairs?
The reality is, using professional movers has many benefits over moving yourself.
When you work with professional movers you can hand off almost every aspect of moving to someone with years of experience. Most movers offer packing services to efficiently pack and move your belongings which saves you time, money, and effort.
Professional movers have the right equipment and are trained in techniques to safely handle heavy and fragile items. This reduces the risk of property damage or personal injury. They also typically carry liability and cargo insurance, which is another layer of protection for your belongings in the unlikely event of loss or damage during the move.
Hiring professional movers may seem more expensive than moving yourself, but it can be more cost-effective in the long run. When you hire professional movers, you don’t have to purchase or rent moving equipment, or to take time off work to pack and move your belongings.
Moving can be stressful, but professional movers can provide peace of mind by taking care of all aspects of the move and ensuring that your belongings are safely transported to your new home.
When it comes to overall convenience, the service of professional movers outshines your best friends. Experienced residential movers will handle all aspects of your move, from packing to loading to unloading.
Sharing pizza with friends in your new place is more fun when a team of trained professionals handles the moving for you.
Using professional movers can make your move easier, safer, and less stressful, especially when you follow best practices using proven tips, tricks, and timelines.
Bulldog Movers are full-service movers with over four decades of residential local and long-distance moving experience. When our bright red, GPS enabled truck pulls up on moving day, you know you’re going to have a hassle-free move.
Give us a call at (770) 679-8356 or fill out our simple quote request online today. All we need to get started is your name, good contact info, and your anticipated moving date.